Saturday randomnessPosted: June 3, 2012
1. This screen makes me happy. Thank you SO much to everyone that is following us…and to everyone who loves and is invested in OTR.
2. Today we duplicated our prior practice in the suburbs of of leaving “junk” at the curb for highly motivated treasure seekers to find and shove in their cars… Just FYI, furniture is a hot commodity in OTR.
3. Though I like to think that we are providing our daughter with several unique childhood experiences, clearly all we really need for her is a car with a window in the backseat that she can control…and an interstate.
4. I learned about the #thisotr hashtag yesterday here. If you are on instagram, check it out and tag some photos (and if you aren’t, get on instagram now…right now).
5. The Know Theatre has a wall that I walk by every day. Last year it was transformed into the top pic, then throughout the year the lower third continued to transform, and last week it turned into the bottom pic (it looks different today, but I didn’t have my phone with me for a pic). The final product should be intriguing, though my biggest question is if it will still make one of my favorite photographic backdrops in OTR?
6. World Choir Games. Can someone advise us?
7. Though getting to this point last weekend in Chicago at the Willis Tower was a true test of perseverance of the Garrett family (otherwise known as…”we are trapped in these never ending lines from hell that are inescapable once entered”), getting this picture made it all worthwhile. Potentially some creative architect could design it for one of our great Cincinnati buildings?
8. I am still waiting patiently for a response from Mayor Mallory. I may have to send a follow up email… :)
9. I almost got run over this morning on Elm Street trying to capture this entrance to Washington Park with the sun in the background. Not perfect, but you get the idea on how beautiful this place is going to be. Does anyone know the event planning for July?
10. I want this sign and I’m assuming it will be coming down sometime soon. How do I get it? Tiptoe away with it in the middle of the night?